data-elementor-type="wp-post" data-elementor-id="135" class="elementor elementor-135 elementor-bc-flex-widget" data-elementor-settings="">
If you are walking, travelling by public transport or would like to stay local
– Walk to Farelton Knott, via Whin Yeats Farm (Morning)
– Back to the Roundhouse for lunch
– Circular walk around Hutton Roof Crags (Afternoon)
– Burton-in-Kendal or Lupton via taxi (Evening – if you’d like a pub meal)
– Walk to Clawthorpe then catch the bus to Milnthorpe
– Lunch or dinner at No. 17 Restaurant
– Walk or bus to Arnside
– Taxi home
– Walk to Kirkby Lonsdale
– Explore the historic town
– Lunch or dinner
– Get a taxi home
– Walk to Clawthorpe
– Bus to Ambleside, and walk to Grasmere
– Bus back from Grasmere to Burton-in-Kendal
– Pub meal in Burton and taxi home
If you are travelling by car
– Kirkby Lonsdale for a potter and lunch.
– Ingleton waterfalls walk in the afternoon.
– Pub lunch at the Inn at Whitewell (www.innatwhitewell.com) in the Forest of Bowland.
– If you have time and want to make a day of it, you could visit on route 1) the historic city of Lancaster (the Castle is worth a look), the market town of Clitheroe, or some of the smaller villages e.g. Hornby and its river & castle.
– Arnside & Silverdale. Some ideas/recommendations are: (1) Walks around the coast and up Arnside Knott (2) Visiting the RSPB reserve at Leighton Moss (3) Exploring the village shops and cafes (4) Stopping by Wolfhouse Gallery for cake and to see the resident artist working on a new painting.
Follow our social media pages for more ideas & recommendations: