With stunning views, your own private space and a wood-fired hot tub, we aim to give guests a unique and sustainable roundhouse glamping experience that rests, relaxes and inspires.
– Unique off-grid roundhouse accommodation on a Lakeland farm for couples and families up to 4 people..
– Spectacular views of the Lake District fells, Yorkshire Dales & Morecambe Bay.
– Direct access to Hutton Roof Crags, a SSSI.
– All facilities on site and undercover – no midnight dashes to the toilet in the rain or long walks to wash up!
– Quad bike transfer to the Roundhouse on arrival (after 17:00) and departure (between 12:30 & 13:00). Alternative times may be possible.
– Comprehensive information and advice about the local area and recommendations of places to see & things to do.
There’s a badger set nearby, farm animals all around and thus it’s a place just for people. Children are welcome to stay but the Roundhouse isn’t really suitable for under 5s due to access & facilities – please contact us to discuss.
See our Sustainable Living pages for information about the Roundhouse construction and how we are supporting the environment and local people.
Facilities & what’s provided
– Roundhouse living space including kitchen facilities, sofa/ day bed, dining table, chairs, a wood burner stove and three windows.
– Bedroom extension with a king sized bed, bedside tables and a curtain separating the bedroom from the living space.
– Bathroom extension with a shower, compost loo, sink and door to the outside decking.
– Outdoor wood-fired hot tub.
– Fire pit, BBQ and a picnic bench for outdoor dining & relaxing.
– Herb planters and a mini allotment – we have also planted fruit trees and edible hedges.
– All bedding, towels, toiletries (shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, soap & toilet roll) and cleaning products (e.g. washing up liquid) is provided.
– There is all you need for a lovely breakfast/brunch, including bread, jam and Whin Yeats Farm eggs & cheese. We provide a range of tea bags, coffee and milk.
– All the other little things you may need & that make a holiday special are available to use – e.g. torches, binoculars, maps, guidebooks, books, games, umbrellas, fresh herbs and kitchen store cupboard essentials, for example, sugar, salt and pepper, ketchup, HP sauce, butter and olive oil.
The Roundhouse is off-grid and focuses on relaxation in a sustainable environment. It’s a place to switch off from the day-to-day, and as such electricity is limited. We provide LED lights, a battery to charge mobile phones/ iPads etc, and a Roberts radio – there is no access to electricity for larger electrical items e.g. hairdryers. There is hot water and a shower (utilising LPG gas). The woodburner stove has a built-in oven & stainless steel top for a kettle, or you could make your meals via the BBQ or by using the portable gas stoves. There is a large fridge/ freezer next to the parking area, a large coolbox in the shed by the Roundhouse, and a small coolbox in the Roundhouse (e.g. for the morning cup of tea if it’s raining outside!)
What to bring
We couldn’t provide the privacy and tranquillity we’re offering without guests having a 10-minute walk to the Roundhouse. We can transport you & your luggage via quad bike on arrival after 17:00 and between 12:30 & 13:00 on departure – all part of the experience! Alternative times may be possible, please contact us to discuss. A wheelbarrow will also be provided to help with moving any luggage, food etc. You will need outdoors footwear, for example wellies and walking boots, as the path to the Roundhouse is uneven, through agricultural fields and woodland.
The only other things you need to bring, apart from yourself (& anybody else you would like to spoil and “get away from it all” with) are:
– Weather appropriate clothing – this is Northern England after all! And slippers in winter (for extra cosyness)
– A camera – the views are fantastic!
– Any food & drink you would like to bring. Alternatively, the essentials provided will be enough for breakfast/brunch, and you can pick up additional items during your visit. Some supermarkets deliver to the area – if you would like to arrange a delivery, please contact us to discuss.
– Charcoal, if you will be using the BBQ
– The willingness to switch off and enjoy this beautiful setting!
Additional cheese, eggs and raw milk are available from Whin Yeats Farm at all times.